Amazon

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Okay ?!



I had finished reading “the fault in our stars” by John Green yesterday . I still have the hangover of it. When a character dies in any book, I cry. When I started reading “the fault in our stars” I was damn sure that one of the characters will die as both had cancer. Still I cried (cried aloud) while reading and my sinus got activated and I had bad headache after that. Perhaps one of the reason could be that John Green's "the fault in our stars" is inspired by a girl called Esther Earl that makes it something more than a mere romantic novel. Esther Earl had cancer and died in 2013. John Green and Esther met in a Harry Potter Conference. John Green reveal this in an Interview given to a book networking site called "Goodreads.com
I am travelling tomorrow early in the morning and I have not finished my packing yet. Still, keeping everything aside, I took out time to watch the film. I was scared as I knew  it will activate my sinus again but I couldn’t resist. I just loved it! The film is equally good. I loved the character of Hazel Grace. And Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace was very convincing. I painted my nails in dark blue today like her and I am going to copy her style tomorrow ( I will fold my Jeans).  I really liked her hair cut and I feel mean saying that as may be it was the result of cancer.

Okay ? :)

 

Sharing My favorite quotes from the book, "the fault in our stars":



“I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
 

“You have a choice in this world, I believe, about how to tell sad stories, and we made the funny choice.”



“The risen sun too bright in her losing eyes.”

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”  

“The marks humans leave are too often scars.”

“The world is not a wish-granting factory.”

“That’s part of what I like about the book in some ways. It portrays death truthfully. You die in the middle of your life, in the middle of a sentence”

“Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.”

“Much of my life had been devoted to trying not to cry in front of people who loved me, so I knew what Augustus was doing. You clench your teeth. You look up. You tell yourself that if they see you cry, it will hurt them, and you will be nothing but a Sadness in their lives, and you must not become a mere sadness, so you will not cry, and you say all of this to yourself while looking up at the ceiling, and then you swallow even though your throat does not want to close and you look at the person who loves you and smile.”   
 


 Let me know your feedback on "the fault in our stars" ! Okay ? :)


So open your eyes and see
The way our horizons meet
And all of the lights will lead
Into the night with me
And I know these scars will bleed
But both of our hearts believe
All of these stars will guide us home



No comments:

Post a Comment